Casey Neistat is an indefatigable character. He is ready for action at all times – YouTube content, Vlogs, founding companies, acting, filming, politics – you name it! He is an ever-present YouTube celebrity in the United States with many fans and followers watching his every step.
What made him famous is creativity and a fantastic talent for filmmaking. But all of this must be accompanied with good pro gear. And Casey Neistat gear is just that!
So, without further ado, let’s take a look at Casey Neistat gear.
The Gear Casey Neistat Uses
Canon EOS-1DX Mark II Camera
The Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, the successor to the now legendary Canon EOS-1D X, brings a number of improvements and is revolutionary in many respects compared to the class of Canon EOS cameras to which it belongs.
- 20.2MP full-frame sensor, paired with two DIGIC 6+ processors that provide incredible speed capabilities, so the burst is 14 fps in Auto Exposure (AE) mode, while in LV mode, with locked focus and exposure, it adds up to a phenomenal 16 fps!
- The autofocus system has 61 points, of which 41 are cross, but the frame coverage is now as much as 24% higher.
- In Live View mode, the 1D X Mark II uses the latest iteration of Canon’s Dual Pixel AF technology, which brings fast focus in OneShot mode.
- In addition to the AF system, the light metering system has been upgraded and is equipped with a 360.000 pixel RGB + IR sensor, which brings improvements in target detection and tracking, including human faces.
- The 4K video recording comes with brilliant 60 fps, using an M-JPEG codec (which makes it very easy to “extract” frames (Frame Grab)), while thanks to the new CMOS sensor Full HD video works with a brilliant 120 fps. The Frame Grab option provides the ability to “extract” frames from an already recorded 4K video, thus obtaining 8.8MP JPEG photos.
- Dual Pixel AF technology provides continuous autofocus when shooting videos.
- The body is made of magnesium alloy and is completely protected from the weather. Also, there is still an optical viewfinder (pentaprism) with 100% coverage and 0.76x magnification.
- The EOS-1D X Mark II also boasts a built-in GPS function with an electronic compass.
- The camera can take up to 1210 photos with its LP-E19 battery.
Canon EOS 6D Mark II DSLR Camera
Almost five years after the original Canon EOS 6D was introduced, the time has come for the “new kid in the block”. Although almost everything remained the same when it came to the exterior, the interior underwent a renovation, making it one of the best point and shoot cameras on the market.
- The new 26.2MP full-frame CMOS sensor boasts Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology, paired with a DIGIC 7 processor. With this combination of sensor and processor, the Canon 6D II provides an ISO range of 100- 40000 (expandable from 50-102400), while the burst is 6.5 fps.
- The light sensor is taken from the Canon EOS 80D – 7560-pixel RGB + IR.
- In terms of focus, when framed through the viewfinder, the 6D Mark II offers 45 AF points and they are all cross-shaped.
- When it comes to video, it has remained at the Full HD level (1080/60p).
- The external microphone input is standard here.
- The main difference in design between the Canon 6D II and its legendary predecessor is that the new iteration is equipped with a movable touchscreen LCD screen (diagonal is 3″ and a resolution of 1,040,000 dots).
- A pentaprism-based optical viewfinder, with a magnification of 0.71x, is here as well.
- The Canon EOS 6D Mark II is sealed against dust and moisture and housed in a magnesium alloy housing.
- The battery grip is new with the Canon BG-E21.
- The Canon EOS 6D II provides its users with built-in Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth support, and a built-in GPS.
Sony RX100 VI Camera
Sony RX100 series compact camera with 1″ sensor went a step further.
- Sony RX100 VI kept the Exmor RS stacked CMOS of 20.1MP from the previous generation.
- The latest BIONZ X processor in the front-end LSI company is installed in a small case of Sony RX100 M6 weighing barely 300g, which results in the currently fastest autofocus in the world among cameras with a single-inch sensor (just 0.03s, while the predecessor is 0.05s)
- Twice as fast Eye AF target tracking than the predecessor Sony RX100 V.
- There is the same Fast Hybrid AF system as the Generation V, with 315 AF points with phase detection, covering the remaining 65% of the frame.
- The RX100 VI boasts a burst of fantastic 24 fps with AF/AE tracking, but also a buffer that provides space for a maximum of 233 photographs in continuity.
- The 24-200mm f/2.8-4.5 lens has significantly higher zoom power than its predecessor.
- The optical image stabilization provides 4 apertures longer exposure than recommended for a particular focal length.
- According to the manufacturer, this lens is 2 in 1 – 24-70mm and 70-200mm fused into one compact lens.
- Records oversampled 4K video using all available pixels, without the so-called pixel binning. Moreover, this is the first time that a Cyber-shot camera can record 4K HDR, equipped with 8-bit HLG mode (Hybrid Log-Gamma).
- Among the top video features, there are also S-Log3/S-Gamut3, Full HD video at 120 fps, Picture Profile, proxy, as well as a super slow motion at 240 fps, 480 fps, and even 960 fps.
- Equipped with a touch screen display.
- The viewfinder, after popping out of the bay, does not have to be manually extended during use.
Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Camera Lens
The Canon EF S 10 – 18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM features brilliant optical performance and provides an ultra-wide viewing angle in a compact, portable package. Perfect for EOS cameras with an APS-C sensor.
It features a stepper motor (STM) and a top-quality focusing mechanism, which delivers smooth and continuous auto-focus during video recording, and there’s also a manual focus for quick adjustments. This lens also has to offer optical image stabilization, maximum magnification of 0.15x, as well as extremely low weight – only 240g.
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L ll USM Zoom Lens
A fast, very wide-angle zoom lens that delivers exceptional peripheral performance across the entire zoom range. The constant aperture of f /2.8 makes it ideal for professional shooting in low light conditions.
Rode VideoMic Pro+ Microphone
Rode VideoMic Pro+ is a compact and lightweight microphone that delivers superior sound quality and is ideal for HDSLR cameras, camcorders, and audio recorders. Thanks to its structure, this microphone neutralizes the sound coming from the side and from the back, while the front absorbs the incoming audio signal with great precision. The built-in holder and foam neutralize vibrations when moving, ie. gusts of wind. This microphone can function for up to 70 hours non-stop thanks to the 9V battery.
DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone
The new type of camera has a redesigned single-inch CMOS sensor and a 10-bit D-Log-M color profile, which makes the Mavic 2 Pro surpass its predecessor in the field of color level recording by as much as 4 times.
The photos it produces are 20MP resolutions and are recorded through a fixed 28mm f/2.8-11 lens, which provides image stabilization in 3 axes.
It is understood that 4K video is an unavoidable item (100Mbps with H.265 compression), as well as Full HD at 120 fps, and thanks to 10-bit HDR support, the Mavic 2 Pro can connect to a 4K TV with HLG for complete enjoyment.
The drone starts searching for obstacles thanks to the advanced FlightAutonomy technology and the APAS system (Advanced Pilot Assistance System).
This drone is quieter during the flight compared to the previous version.
- Hyperlapse – delivers timelapse shots in 4 different modes:
- ActiveTrack 2.0 – the drone creates a three-dimensional map of the terrain and uses new algorithms that analyze movements and predict the movement of the target up to 3 seconds in advance.
- OcuSync 2.0 technology allows the drone to move within 8km of the steering wheel, up to an altitude of 6000m;
- Point of Interest (POI) 2.0 – the drone orbits the target thanks to GPS;
- Asteroid: the drone quickly drops through the air towards the target, rotating along the way;
- Boomerang: the drone orbits the target in an ellipsoidal trajectory.
JOBY GorillaPod 5K Kit Tripod
The Joby GorillaPod 5K mini tripod with its flexible legs can do anything you ask of it. Namely, its legs consist of flexible joints, so that it can take various shapes – to stand still, to take a wide stride position, and even to embrace a round object such as a branch or a bar.
This structure allows you to precisely position the camera in the desired place, at the desired angle and capture the frame just the way you need it, and the ball head it has provides quick and easy attachment and release of the camera thanks to a special plate.
This Joby GorillaPod tripod is sculpted to be appreciable for handling and transport, but also to carry cameras weighing up to 5kg, which means professional DSLRs, mirrorless cameras, and other equipment. It is quite solid (most of it is made of steel), and the joints and ends of the legs are covered with rubber to prevent slipping.
Related: What Camera Does Sam Kolder Use?