|1. Nikon D3500||2. Panasonic FZ80||3. Canon Rebel T6|
After realizing that you are having a passion for photography, the first thing you do is to get the best quality camera to learn different things, gain experience and become a pro in the field of photography. And being a beginner, you always prefer to go for the best cheap DSLR camera that will fit your pocket and give you the best experience at the same time.
But today, finding the best cheap dslr camera is not at all an easy task because there are so many products available in the market that claim to be cheap and best. Still, they turn out to be opposite when bought a home, and that’s why we have curated this guide on the purchase on DSLR camera.
In this guide, we are going to tell you all the necessary integrities that you need to keep in mind while buying a DSLR camera. Along with the factors and other information, we will also help you by offering ten best cheap DSLR cameras in the market.
Cheap DSLR Cameras – What is it and the types?
The full form of DSLR is digital single-lens reflex camera. It is basically a digital camera that is having a mirror mechanism to either reflect light from a camera lens to an optical viewfinder or let the light fully pass onto the image sensor by moving the mirror out of the way.
Though there are different types of cameras in the market, it is the best one if you want to become a master of photography. Unlike other types of cameras in DSLR you can change the lenses as per your convenience. They let you enjoy photography with different effects and specifications.
There are 2 main types of digital SLR in the market you need to know about and are mentioned below:
1. Cropped Sensor – A crop sensor is basically the size of the sensor that is smaller than the 35mm film frame. In the market, you are going to find 2 common types of the cropped sensor cameras- APS-C and micro 4/3 systems.
It is not much costly and is also light in weight. It can be carried anywhere you want. It offers the best quality photos. You will find this type of DSLR the best and effective for nature, wildlife, and sports photography because of the extra reach gained from the crop sensor multiplier.
You can buy this type of camera for some amazing photographs. They offer the photographs that are having different effects. In this, a part of the photograph is cropped out and gives an artificial zoom effect.
You can call these cameras thebest cheap DSLR camera. Even though they are less costly, you are not going to find any compromise with the quality of photos they offer.
2. Full Frame – In full frame sensor, the size of the sensor is 35mm. It is more than the cropped sensor and so gives you more enhanced quality of photos. The cameras with full frame are going to give you more enhanced low light photographs than the cropped sensor cameras.
In this, you the get the benefit of shallower depth of field. You may find the cost of lenses for full frame a bit high because of it high-quality. You can use this camera for landscape and architecture photography.
You are going to like this camera for its quality and features. They are better than the cropped sensor cameras but they are a bit more costly than them.
Why Do You Need A DSLR Camera?
While you are having a passion for photography, there are a few reasons that to fulfill that passion you need to have a DSLR than any other type of camera. It is one of the best cameras if you want to master in the field of photography. It offers the best quality photos with different effects and editing options.
Here are a few reasons that why you should buy a DSLR camera.
- Quality: The first reason is that it offers the best quality of photos because of having a big size of sensor. With this, you get more clear and detailed photos than any other type of camera.
- Low-light pics: While using these cameras, they cause less noise and allow you to take the best photos in the low light areas with ease, which is not possible with other cameras because of being noisy
- Focus: Using the DSLR allows you to focus on subjects quickly and easily along with taking multiple shots in a second. Focusing smoothly on the objects is the best part of DSLRs.
- Editing Features: You get so many editing options to enhance the quality of your photos that even a simple picture will look great.
- Lenses: With DSLR you get the chance to do photography using different lenses. You can change the lenses whenever you want to fulfill different needs of photography. It allows you to have a nice collection of the camera lenses. It is said to one of the best cameras in terms of interchangeable lenses.
- Depth: In this you have got the full control of choosing the right depth of field as per your needs. You can focus on the object as much as you want ignoring the background if you want.
- Durable: You are going to find them best because they can withstand almost any weather. They can deal with rain, moisture, and dust without incurring any damage unlike other types of cameras.
- High quality: They have been designed to be of high-quality. They are having a body that is reliable and durable. They live for a longer time by giving you the best results without any compromise along with giving you the chance to learn a lot about photography.
- Weight: The new versions of DSLR are low weight than the old models which makes them easier to carry.
After buying a DSLR, you will feel these benefits on your own. Working with DSLR, you will not regret spending so much on it. Buying this is going to be the best decision ever in your life.
So, buy this without any hesitation to feel the benefits mentioned above along with the various other benefits.
Factors To Look For When Buying The Best Cheap DSLR Camera
When out in the market and standing in the middle of a lot of buying choices, it becomes difficult to look for the best one as per our needs. But this task can become easy by keeping some of the main factors in mind you need to consider while the best cheap DSLR camera for a great photography:
Having a budget has to be the first thing you need to do before buying a camera. If you want to have the best affordable DSLR camera, you need to have a set range of price in your mind according to which you are going to look for the camera because obviously you would not want to run out of money.
2. Shutter Speed
While buying a DSLR, you need to check the shutter speed it is offering and then analyze if it is going to solve your purpose. It is the important thing to be considered in any camera you are buying.
It determines the clarity of your photo along with the speed of capturing the subject.
Shutter speed is basically the amount of time that the shutter remains open before closing. The faster the shutter speed will be, clearer the photo will be and the slower it will be, blurry the photo will be.
Now, this is the next thing you need to check before buying DSLR. It is as important as shutter speed to be considered for the perfect results of photography. During the purchase, you need to consider the minimum and maximum aperture you are being offered in the camera.
In different DSLR cameras, you are going to find aperture in different ranges. Aperture is something that controls the amount of light entering the lens to hit the image sensor.
The higher the f-number, the smaller the aperture and lesser the light will pass through the lens and vice-versa. Changing the aperture will decide how wide the lens is going to be open. So, do check the aperture well before you buy a DSLR.
ISO is a feature in DSLR that controls your sensor’s sensitivity to light. If you will increase the ISO, you will get properly exposed photos in darker conditions. But you need to keep in mind that if you will increase the ISO, the more digital noise you are going to see in the photos.
So, check the ISO settings properly before the purchase.
Then, you need to check the megapixels of the camera. It determines the quality of your photos. It decides the clarity and details of your photograph. So, it has to be the right one as per your uses. This is something you cannot ignore during the purchase.
Different DSLRs are having different modes and editing features. So, check the features it is providing. While considering the features, you need to be clear with your purpose in your mind so you choose the right one for photography.
Different modes will offer different effects in your photos. Therefore, do check all the features properly for the best results of photography.
There are different lenses available in the market, so you need to choose a camera that is going to be compatible with the lenses you prefer for your photography. Not all the lenses can be attached to all the types of the DSLR camera. You need to be careful while buying the camera so that you don’t face any issues while choosing the best lenses for your camera.
Quality is also important to be considered when you want to buy a camera. You need to make sure that the quality of the body is reliable and durable along with checking the quality of photos it will offer. It needs to be a high-quality for the best results and long life.
There are cameras that are heavy in weight and light in weight. As per your convenience you need to see the weight of the camera. If you want it for traveling photography, it is better to go for lightweight camera because you need it to carry from place to place. Hence, don’t forget to check the weight of the camera.
It is not easy to pick up the right and the best one, so it is better to go through the reviews of different products before you by any of the cameras. With the help of reviews, you get to know the pros and cons of the products you are preferring to buy.
With reviews, you will know if the product you are looking for is going to fulfill your purpose or not. Reading the reviews is really important if you want to end up buying the best one for you.
All these factors have been mentioned for your convenience so that the task of finding the right becomes easy for you. These are the points that are important for you to consider if you want some amazing results of photography.
Some of the factors are the feature of the cameras that determine the quality of the photo you are going to get. Also, it is advised to not to compromise with the quality of camera because of the prices, because a camera with poor quality will not live for a long time and will not give the desired results.
So, remember the factors and buy the DSLR for you carefully.
Top 10 Best Cheap DSLR Cameras 2020
1. Nikon D3500
While looking for the best budget DSLR camera you can consider this product from Nikon. It is a camera that is user-friendly and is easy to use. You are going to find all the features in this camera smooth for capturing the best moments.
It is having a compact and comfortable design. You can carry it with you whenever and wherever you want because of it being light in weight. It is having an image sensor that is 15x larger than those used in normal smartphones for sharp and clear images.
It allows 1080P Full HD videos with monaural sound at the touch of a button. The body has been designed to be reliable and durable. You can attach different lenses with this camera for different experiences.
- It is light in weight.
- It is having a compact design.
- You can carry it anywhere you want.
- It is having a durable body.
- It offers high-quality photos.
- It is available at nominal prices.
- It is user-friendly.
- It may have limited features.
- Some may find it a bit expensive.
2. Panasonic FZ80
This digital camera from PANASONIC has been designed with 18.1 megapixel MOS sensor along with 60X zoom DC Vario lens. It is having a high resolution 1,170K dot view finder and rear touch enabled 3 inch LCD Display.
Then, it is having a lens with 14 elements in 12 groups. The camera is having 4K QFHD video recording option with 3 unique 4K ultra HD video pause. It is the best for capturing objects in low-light conditions.
You can charge it whenever you want as it is coming with USB. It is also having an option to be connected with Wi-Fi.
It is having a great Optical Image Stabilizer system.
It works amazingly in low light conditions.
It is light in weight and can be carried anywhere you want.
It is available at nominal prices.
It is coming with an option to connect with Wi-Fi.
It offers the best quality photos and videos.
It is having enough memory space for your stuff.
- It is not water or dust resistant.
- It may not have long battery life as per your expectations.
3. Canon Rebel T6
The camera is having 18MP CMOS and DIGIC 4+ Image Processor. It is coming with Wi-Fi connectivity option. And, it is having 3.0 fps continuous shooting capability along with having a 9-Point AF System.
It is having enhanced creative filters and offers Full HD Videos for the best experience. You are really going to enjoy using this camera. It is having the features to improve your creativity with time.
- It is having a compact design.
- It is having different filters and features.
- It is coming Wi-Fi connectivity option.
- It offers you to make full HD quality videos.
- It is coming with 2 lenses and 2 SD cards.
- It offers high-quality images in low light.
- It is a little bit expensive.
- Battery life may be an issue with some of the users.
4. Canon Rebel T7
With its best features, you are going to get the sharp details, accurate colors, and low-noise images in bright and low-light shooting conditions both. It can continuously shoot up to 3 fps. This camera is coming with Canon 18-55mm II Lens.
Apart from the lens, it is coming with 2 SanDisk 32GB SDHC memory cards and extra battery. You are really going to enjoy the experience of photography with this camera by your side.
- It offers the clear and detailed photos.
- It is having a long battery life.
- The body has been designed to be durable.
- It is easy to be carried anywhere you want.
- It offers HD quality videos.
- It is having various features for your convenience.
- It may be a bit costly.
- There might be issues with some to use some features.
5. Canon SX420
If you are looking for best cheap DSLR camerayou can buy this product without any hesitation. In this kit, you are going to get Canon PowerShot SX420 IS digital camera, NB-11LH Lithium-Ion battery pack, CB-2LF battery charger, lens cap, and WS-DC12 wrist strap.
It is also having a 1 year warranty card. Talking about the camera, it is having 20.0MP 1.2.3″ CCD image sensor, DIGIC 4+ image processor, 42x Optical Zoom Lens, and 3.0″ 230k-Dot LCD monitor.
It is also having HD 720p video recording at 25 fps, Intelligent IS Image Stabilization, and Wi-Fi connectivity option. It offers the best quality photos to you. They offer clear and detailed photos.
- It is having a strong body.
- It is having different modes for your convenience.
- It offers different editing effects.
- It is coming with Wi-Fi option.
- It is coming at a nominal price.
- It is light in weight.
- You may face issues in using the camera features.
6. Panasonic FZ300
This camera is having exclusive 4K photo technology that uses 30 frames per second in high resolution 4K ultra HD video to extract them as photos. It is having 24x zoom lens with F2.8 aperture. It is the best choice for low light shooting.
It is having 12.1 Megapixel high sensitivity MOS sensor with the Venus engine excels in diffraction compensation. It offers high-quality and detailed photos. Also, it is water and dust proof to avoid damages.
It is the best inexpensive DSLR camera you are going to find in the market. You can consider buying this camera, if you want to have the best experience.
- It is not much expensive one.
- It is coming with some best features.
- If offers high-quality photos and videos.
- The body has been designed to be durable and reliable.
- If offers different effects for editing photos.
- It is water and dust proof for safety.
- With focus option, you may feel issues.
7. Canon SX540
Coming with 1 year warranty, this is the best cheap DSLR camera you are going to find in the market. It is designed with powerful 50x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer for an amazing optical performance and 20.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor with DIGIC 6 Image Processor to offer the high-quality photos in low light conditions.
It is having Wi-Fi connectivity option and NFC to share and transfer the photos easily from camera to another device. It captures spectacular 1080p Full HD video at 60p with stereo sound. It is also having large 3.0-inch LCD for easy usage of the photographers.
- It is the best to use in low-light conditions.
- It is coming with 2 Lexar Professional 633x 32GB memory cards and extra battery.
- It is light in weight and having compact design.
- It offers videos and photos in HD quality.
- It is easy to carry this camera anywhere you want.
- It is having nominal price.
- Some users may take time to understand some features.
8. Canon SX70
It is having a powerful 65x optical zoom, 20.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor, and DIGIC 8 image processor. It offers 4K video and 4K time-lapse movie to the users for an amazing experience. It is also having built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for quick and easy sharing.
It is having approx. 920,000 dots LCD screen and a feature of Image Stabilization of up to 5 stops for excellent performance. It is having high-speed continuous shooting at up to 10 fps. You are going to get the clear and detailed photos using this camera.
It has been designed to fulfill various needs of the users. It offers different modes and editing options to the users for their convenience.
- It is having high-quality LCD screen.
- It offers detailed and clear photos.
- It shoots HD quality photos.
- It is light in weight.
- It is having different modes for perfect photography.
- It is user-friendly.
- It may be a bit expensive.
- You may face issues while connecting it to your computer.
9. Panasonic Lumix G7
Panasonic has specially designed this camera keeping various needs of the photographers in mind. It is having 16 megapixel micro four thirds sensors with having no low pass filter to amazinglyclick sharp photos with a high dynamic range and artifact free performance.
It is coming with Wi-Fi connectivity option. It is also having 4K QFHD video recordingwith three unique 4K ultra HD video pause. You can easily control the aperture and set shutter speed in this camera according to your need.
It is having great ISO settings to take the best photos. It is having a high resolution view finder and rear touch Enabled 3 inch tilt/swivel LCD display. You can operate the screen even in bright sunlight easily.
- It is having high-quality LCD screen.
- It is having high resolution live view finder.
- It is having different useful modes.
- You are going to get the videos and photos in HD quality.
- It is user-friendly.
- It is light in weight.
- It is little expensive.
- You may face issues with battery life.
10. Canon 2000
This camera from Canon is having 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor, DIGIC 4+ Image Processor, and 3.0″ 920k-Dot LCD Monitor. It is having Full HD 1080/30p video recording along with 9-Point AF with Center Cross-Type Point, ISO 100-6400, and up to 3 fps shooting.
You are going to find built-in Wi-Fi with NFC, Scene Intelligent Auto Mode, creative filters and creative auto modes in this camera. Also, it is coming with Canon EF-S 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 DC III Zoom Lens to give you the best experience of photography in different conditions.
It has been designed with a body that is durable and reliable. It is having the features that offers the high-quality and detailed photos. It also makes the task of making videos easy.
- It is coming with built-in Wi-Fi.
- It allows you to share and transfer photos easily.
- It is light in weight.
- It is having high-quality LCD screen for the viewers.
- It is having a long-lasting body.
- It is having good battery life.
- It is little expensive.
- You may take time to understand some features.
To make your hunt smooth and easy, some of the best and cheap DSLR cameras have been mentioned here. You are going to find that all the DSLR camera that are mentioned here are easy to use and offers the high-quality photos with details and clarity.
1. How To Maintain A DSLR Camera?
Once you have bought the best DSLR camera as per your needs, it is important to maintain for a long life. But, how to do it, is the question. So, here is what you can do to maintain your DSLR camera.
- You need to use a soft cloth or soft tissue to clean the body of the camera from time to time. Make sure you are cleaning the dust constantly.
- Clean the lens whenever required with blower, a soft cloth, a brush, or a cleaning solution to remove the dust. But make sure that you are not doing it too much as it may damage the lens.
- You need to clean the mirror and screen of the camera from time to time. You should use a soft cloth or soft tissue to do this because it is the sensitive part of the camera.
- Make sure that you are keeping the camera back into its back after the use for its protection and safety. The bags are designed especially for the cameras to remain damage free.
2. Which Is The Best DSLR Camera For Beginners?
Nikon D3500, Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D, Nikon D5600, Canon 90D, Canon EOS Rebel T7/ 2000D / EOS 1500D, Canon EOS Rebel SL3 / EOS 250D / EOS 200D Mark II, and Pentax K-70 are some of the best DSLR cameras that can be used by the beginners.
These are user-friendly and the photographers get a lot to learn using these cameras. Also, these are the best cheap DSLR camera you are going to find in the market.
3. How Long Does A DSLR Camera Last?
Generally, most of the DSLR cameras you are going to find in the market last for 3 to 5 years. The life of a DSLR camera also depends on shutter counts, which means the number of time the shutter button has been pressed.
4. How Many Shots A DSLR Can Take?
Well, an entry level DSLR camera is capable of taking around 50,000 shots. A mid-range DSLR camera can take around 100,000 shots. And, a professional DSLR camera is designed to take nearly 200,000 shots in total.
5. What Is A Master Shooting Mode In DSLR?
Shooting mode is found in dial label, and it has options like ‘AV,’ ‘TV,’ ‘P,’ and ‘M.’ This shooting mode will decide how the camera will capture the picture when you press the shutter. For example, if you select Auto, the camera will take care of the exposure automatically.
AV or A, also known as Aperture priority, is a semi-automatic mode. In this mode, you set the aperture, and the camera will set the shutter speed. TV or S, it is also a semi-automatic shooting mode, but it is opposite to AV mode.
Here you set the shutter speed, and the camera sets the aperture. In P or program mode, you can do both the functions of AV mode and TV mode.
So you can either set the shutter speed, or you can set the aperture it is up to you. M stands for manual mode; here, you will have to set the aperture and shutter speed by yourself. If you are new to DSLR cameras, you can start with auto mode.
6. What Are Standard Prime Lenses And Zoom Lenses, And What Is The Difference Between The Two?
These are fixed focal length lenses, which means if you choose a 25mm lens, it will you a 25mm perspective. In these types of lenses, you can’t zoom in or zoom out. Instead, you can shoot only in one length.
Thus, in this type of lens, you will have to move physically to take wider or close shots. It is specially used for You can only shoot from one length, meaning you have to move your physical body to get street photography, portraits, weddings, and landscapes. They help you get a sharper image and are great for low light conditions.
They are also lightweight lenses. But one major problem with a prime lens is that you have to carry different lenses to accommodate different types of lengths in your photographs.
Zoom lenses are one of the most versatile lenses. In these lenses, you can click great distant photographs or close-ups standing in one place. Canon 70-200mm is one of the most popular and widely used lenses. 70-200mm means it can zoom between 70mm wide and 200mm close.
In zoom lenses, you can easily focus on the object by autofocus mode. Unlike the standard prime lens in the zoom, you don’t need multiple lenses.
Choose A DSLR To Get Some Amazing Photographs In Your Life Time
Though there are so many different types of cameras available in the market, the kind of satisfaction you get with the best cheap DSLR camera cannot be matched by any other camera. They offer high-quality and detailed photographs to the users.
Photos captured with a DSLR can easily attract the viewers. The buyers need to be clear about their needs and purposes before the purchase.
We have mentioned some of the necessary factors you need to consider while buying the best cheap DSLR camera. These are the factors that are going to make your hunt easy and help you in choosing the right camera for you.
Apart from this, the buyers need to understand that other than buying a camera, using it properly is also very important. If they do not take care of their camera as per the users-manual, they will soon have to face the problems in their cameras.
These cameras are durable, yet you need to handle them with care to avoid any damage. A DSLR camera will change your photography for good; therefore, buy any of these the best cheap DSLR camera listed here and become a professional photographer.